Designed Spring 2015 - 8 weeks March 9 to 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
April 27, 2015
Register Now Download brochure
Leadership Elite is a unique learning experience that combines Dr. Grahams’ widely recognized expertise, experience, and observation and condenses them into a challenging program that will benefit anyone determined to succeed. Whether you want to sharpen your existing skills, discover new solutions to age-old problems, or want a jolt of fresh enthusiasm, Leadership Elite will transform managers into leaders by creating the skills necessary to meet today’s business challenges and turn vision into reality.
There is no simple leadership equation. There are, however, leadership principles and dimensions that can be explored, embraced and internalized to maximize your potential as a leader. Dr. Graham’s unique skill at delivering practical take-aways and techniques you can use tomorrow, makes this program one you won’t want to miss.
A challenging and thought provoking program designed specifically for experienced managers that see the need to advance their skills.
Led by nationally renowned author and professor, Dr. Gerald Graham, Leadership Elite will open your eyes to practical methods to lead your people - by giving you ideas and advice you can clearly and practically apply. Take charge of the future of your organization by taking time to learn from the best, enroll today!
Spring 2015 - 8 weeks
March 9 to
8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Leadership Elite is designed specifically for experienced managers who are ready to further develop their leadership skills. Leaders, who want to sharpen their existing skills, discover new solutions to age-old problems, or who crave a jolt of fresh enthusiasm will also benefit. Leadership Elite will equip the most promising people in any organization to move to the next level. Read through program summaries from companies that brought the Leadership Elite on-site to their organizations.
Read through program summaries from companies that brought the Leadership Elite on-site to their organizations.
- Give you a framework and specific tools to strengthen your existing leadership abilities.
- Build on your current leadership competencies by heightening your awareness of blind spots and behaviors that reduce your effectiveness.
- Increase your flexibility to meet the daily demands of influencing and changing the way people perform.
- Afford you an opportunity to interact with your professional peers, to share and learn from one another.
- Provide a risk-free setting to debate, challenge.... and ultimately grow... from interaction with a recognized expert.
- Learn to manage and lead all kinds of employees - the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Gain a better understanding of how effective leaders get results
- Receive useful feedback on your personal leadership style
- Compare and contrast how your leadership traits match up against today’s most well-known leaders.
Dr. Gerald Graham is a nationally recognized expert in the area of leadership. After serving for over seven years as the Dean of the Barton School of Business at Wichita State University, Dr. Graham currently holds the R.P. Clinton Distinguished Professor of Management Chair.
Dr. Graham is the author of numerous management textbooks and his research has been published in many of the topmost journals and professional publications. Renowned throughout the country for his engaging style and practical solutions to difficult problems, Dr. Graham has conducted training and development programs for more than 700,000 participants in 44 states and in every Canadian Province.
- Leadership: What is it?
- What is the role of a leader?
- What do leaders do?
- What are core values?
- What is the purpose of leadership?
- How to identify leader readiness?
- How do leaders differ from managers?
- Can I be a leader?
- How Leaders Empower Subordinates
- What does empowerment mean?
- How has the concept of empowerment evolved?
- Four benefits of empowering employees
- Examples of empowerment
- How effective leaders embrace empowerment
- How to reduce actions that destroy empowerment
- How Leaders Instill Trust within and between Departments
- What is trust?
- What behaviors increase trust?
- How to reduce barriers between departments
- A step-by-step process for increasing trust
- How an increase in the trust level impacts organizations
- How to identify pitfalls that potentially destroy trust
- How Leaders Instill Teamwork and Cooperation
- How competitive and cooperative behaviors differ
- Four requirements of cooperative teamwork
- Three common teamwork problems
- Problems caused by competitive behaviors
- Advantages of competitive behaviors
- How leaders instill cooperative behaviors
- Requirements for continued cooperative behaviors
- How Leaders Deal with Employee Attitudes
- What are attitudes
- How are attitudes developed?
- How to determine employee attitudes
- The impact of attitudes on performance
- Can attitudes be changed?
- How to lead employees with positive attitudes
- How to handle employees with negative attitudes
- How Leaders Improve Performance and Morale
- The keys to high performance
- The role of measurement in performance
- How leaders handle top performers
- How leaders handle poor performers
- How are performance and morale related?
- Which comes first - performance or morale?
- How Leaders Develop Employees
- What is talent, knowledge and wisdom?
- How to conduct a development interview
- How to access talent
- How to develop skills
- Pitfalls of a typical development program
- How Effective Leaders Handle Change
- Four common organizational changes
- A model to understand change
- Why people resist change
- How to overcome resistance to change
- How to execute change you disagree with
Leadership Elite sessions are held at the CMD Training Center located in the Woodman Alumni Building on the Wichita State University campus, 4205 E. 21st Street, Wichita, KS
Each participant will receive a framed certificate plaque at the successfull completion of no less than seven out of the eight sessions.
Download the Map to the CMD Training Center: CMD Training Center Map