In any organization, analyzing problems and making critical decisions is closely linked to understanding key financial data. Although financeand accounting information provide the raw material for effective decision making, even experienced managers find finance and accounting difficult to understand and even more difficult to use.
This certificate blends broad financial principles with practical necessities to transform you into a more effective manager who can interpret and use financial data in your daily decisions.
- Gain a solid understanding of fundamental concepts and terms in the fields of finance and accounting
- Learn the basic principles of finance used to evaluate investments and projects and make better financial decisions
- Gain an understanding of cost behaviors and their use in decision-making
- Get projects approved when you back them with solid financial information
- Work more effectively with your counterparts in finance and accounting functions
WHO IT'S DESIGNED FOR?
- Managers in areas such as engineering, manufacturing, operations, sales, marketing, human resources and information systems
- Technical professionals transitioning into management positions
- Current and prospective business owners
- Supervisors of all levels of responsibility that want to expand their skill sets
- Professionals in their own practice
- Individuals targeted for promotion
- Experienced non-financial executives and managers wanting to review financial concepts
- Performance of a cash-flow analysis
- The tools to analyze and apply business data
- Devising financial plans and better understanding of capital structure choices
- Capital budgeting and other business financial decisions
- Superior asset management
- Gain insight into business trends by application of data you already have available
SPECIFIC SKILLS YOU’LL GAIN:
- Learn to read financial statements, better understand your organization's operations and gain insight into your competitors' and suppliers' financial objectives
- Improve your understanding of accounting concepts
- Be more comfortable with financial questions and interpreting financial statements
- Enhance your use of powerful analytical tools to make more informed decisions
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO EARN MY CERTIFICATE?
To earn your certificate you’ll need to complete the following three courses.