Center for Management Development
W. Frank Barton School of Business - Wichita State University
Center for Management Development - Education you can use immediately!
This is a comprehensive course dealing with the unique challenges women confront in the organizational environment. The course offers practical leadership and communication techniques and proven strategies for success.
- Women in Management: Where Did They Come From? Where are They Going?
- Re-socialization of the woman manager
- Women as managers - stereotypes and realities
- Leadership Skills
- Differences between male and female leadership styles
- How men and women use power differently
- How to use power effectively
- Leveraging yourself in the organization
- Communication - It's Not So Much What You Say
- Sexual-based barriers to communication
- Body language
- How to create the right image
- Stress and the Working Woman
- How to identify the five types of stress
- Three strategies for coping with stress in the organizational environment
Did you know?
You can choose the Leadership & Communication Skills for Women course to fulfill a requirement for the Leadership Certificate
Leadership & Communication Skills for Women will be held in the CMD Training Center in the Woodman Alumni Building on the Wichita State University campus in Wichita, Kansas.
General Information for Nearby Accomodations